Bureau County Board hears special committee reports
Bureau County Board met Tuesday, March 14.
The Bureau County Board includes 26 members elected from each of the county’s districts. The board meets at 6:30 p.m. on the second Tuesday of each month at the Bureau County Courthouse.
Here is the agenda as provided by Bureau County:
BUREAU COUNTY BOARD
AGENDA ● MARCH 14, 2017
Regular Meeting Bureau County Courthouse 6:30 PM
700 South Main Street, Princeton, IL 61356
Bureau County Page 1 Updated 3/10/2017 11:49 AM
CALL TO ORDER - Mr. Dale Anderson
ROLL CALL - Mrs. Hieronymus
INVOCATION - Dan Rabe
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
APPROVING OF MINUTES
Approval of Board Minutes from February 14, 2017, Regular Meeting
READING OF COMMUNICATIONS - Mrs. Hieronymus
Appointment of Manlius Fire Trustee
Approve reappointment of Ronald Lootens as Fire District Trustee for a 3 year term.
STANDING COMMITTEE REPORTS
A. EMA AND ZONING - Ms. Lilley
1. Approve REZONE from Ag to M-2 in Fairfield Township Rezone from Ag to M-2 - To build a manufacturing facility in Fairfield Twp ;
Midwest Bio-systems; South Side of IL Rt 92 ,West of 35 E St.
Summary of Zoning Hearings
Planning and Zoning Report
B. HEALTH DEPT - Mrs. Volker
C. ANIMAL CONTROL - Mr. Robinson
D. FEES AND SALARIES/LABOR RELATIONS - Mrs. Entwhistle
1. Place on File Taxes Received Report
Approve transfer of Public Safety Sales Tax to the General Fund.
2. Discussion on having Appointed Officials use the time system.
3. Accept the Bureau Co. Tax Trustee Joseph Meyers Assoc. Report
4. Place on file - Circuit Clerk Report, Sheriff Report, County Clerk Report
Fees and Salaries Committee Report
E. TRANSPORTATION (Highways, Roads & Bridges, Weeds) - Mr. Rabe
1. Resolution to appropriate CAB Funds for structure replacement on CH 12
Approve the Resolution to appropriate County Aid Bridge Funds and STP-Br funds to replace structure over West Bureau Creek branch on CH 12 - 2200 N Ave.
2. Resolution to appropriate CAB Funds for structure replacement on CH 19
Approve the Resolution to appropriate County Aid Bridge funds and STP-Br funds to replace structure over East Bureau Creek branch on CH 19 - 2750 East St.
Transportation Committee Report
F. INSURANCE - Mr. Kohr
1. IPBC Insurance presented information to the committee
Revisit health insurance renewal in August
2. Need to place Employee Handbook and Employee Application online
Insurance Committee Report
G. LAW, MEMORIALS & RULES/ASSESSMENTS - Mrs. Marini
1. Place on file Coroner's Report, Public Defender Report, Assessor's Report
2. Assessor's Office to hire new employee to replace one that left
Approve, with the support of County Administrator, the new hire for Clerk in the Assessor's Office.
3. FEMA would like to receive our GIS shape file at no cost
Approve allowing FEMA to receive our GIS file.
4. The 2016 Assessment Abstract is complete and final
Law Committee Report
H. BUILDING AND GROUNDS, PRINTING AND STATIONERY - Mrs. Warren
1. Taylor Tree Service to treat trees in Parks
Approve spraying of trees for $2513.45 by Taylor Tree Service
2. 911 discussion
The T1 line needs to be eliminated. Use fiber optics instead. Need a wireless unit placed in Spring Valley for the LEADS system.
3. IDOC inspection notification on Jail
May have to go down to 34 beds due to requirement of 50 sq ft per inmate. May lose ability to house females.
4. Requests for Soldiers and Sailors Park use
Approve of the Princeton Chamber using park on Fridays from
May 26 - September 29 for Lunch in the Park.
Approve of the Community Band using Park on Sundays in June and July. (June 4,18)(July 2,16,23,30)
Printing and Stationery Report
Building and Grounds Committee Report
SPECIAL COMMITTEE REPORTS
LIQUOR LICENSE, DANCE HALLS, MOTELS - Dale Anderson
HOUSING AUTHORITY - Mr. Baracani
TOURISM - Mrs. Stetson
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT - Mr. Cain
PROBATION, CRIME - Mrs. Marini, Mr. Donarski
COOPERATIVE EXTENSION - Mrs. Entwhistle
EMERGENCY TELEPHONE SYSTEM BOARD (E911) - Mr. Rabe
COMPUTER COMMITTEE - Mrs. Entwhistle, Mr. Whited
PAYMENT OF CLAIMS Approve All Claims for Month of March
EXECUTIVE SESSION Litigation and Negotiations
Adjourn To WEDNESDAY, April 12, 2017. (Note Change)
Organizations in this Story
700 South Main Street
Princeton, IL 61356