Sandwich City Council considers raising Telecommunications Tax Rate
At a meeting this week, the Sandwich City Council will consider an ordinance to raise the Telecommunications Tax Rate.
Below is the agenda for this meeting, as provided by the council.
City Hall Annex •128 East Railroad Street
Regular Council Meeting
August 22, 2016 @ 7:00 PM
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of Minutes from the Regular Council Meeting of August 8, 2016 and the Committee-ofthe-Whole
Council Meeting of August 15, 2016
Approval of August Semi-Monthly Bills in the amount of $ 94,535.40
(1) Street Closure for August 28th – DoJo Dynamics
(2) Ordinance 2016-12 entitled “An Ordinance Amending the Telecommunications Tax Rate”
presented for a first reading. The City proposes to raise the local rate by 2.25%.
(3) 5th Monday – No meeting on Monday, August 29th
The next Committee-as-a-Whole
Council meeting will be held on Tuesday, September 6th because of the Labor Day holiday on
Monday, September 5th
Foster & Buick Law Group:
Director of Public Works Engineer Horak:
(1) Zoning Board of Appeals regular meeting of Tuesday, August 23, 2016 has been canceled.
(2) Brush Pickup: Ward 4
(3) Recommendation to award the 2016 Concrete Street Maintenance Project (16-00000-01-
GM) to Universal Asphalt & Excavating Inc. of LaSalle, IL in an amount of $302,814.00.
(4) Recommendation to award the 2016 Hot-Mix Asphalt Street Maintenance Project (16-
00000-02-GM) to D Construction Inc. of Coal City, IL in an amount of $116,533.98.
(5) 750,000 Gallon Spheroid, Exterior Overcoat, Wet Interior Repaint, Dry Interior Partial
Repaint, and Miscellaneous Repairs” (2016 Water Tower Painting) Project Preconstruction
Meeting Tuesday, August 30, 2016 at 10:00 am.
Regular Council Meeting – August 22, 2016
? Page 2
Posted August 19, 2016 @ 4:00 PM
(6) BNSF ROW (Burlington North Santa Fe Right of Way) at Main Street and Lafayette Street
Water Main Replacement Project bid opening is scheduled for 10:00 am on Wednesday, August
Alderwoman Killey: Finance Committee meeting will meet Tuesday, September 6
following the Committee-as-a-Whole Council Meeting.