Peru Public Services Committee reviews Dollar General project
The city of Peru Public Services Committee met Sept. 26 to review the Dollar General project.
Here are the meeting's minutes, as provided by the committee:
The Public Services Committee addresses all matters regarding water, meters, sewers, streets, alleys, building, ground, cemeteries, landfill/compost sites, city parks and city garages.
PUBLIC SERVICES COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES
DATE OF MEETING: Monday, September 26, 2016 TIME: 10:00 AM
PLACE OF MEETING: Peru Municipal Building
1901 4th Street, Peru, IL 61354
COMMITTEE MEMBERS PRESENT: Chairman Dave Waldorf, Alderman Jim Lukosus, Alderman Mike Sapienza, Alderman Jeff Ballard, and Mayor Harl.
OTHER PERSONS PRESENT: Alderman Dave Potthoff, Deputy Clerk Stephanie Piscia, City Engineer Eric Carls, ASM Doug Bernabei, Chris Perra of T.E.S.T., Mike Perry of Chamlin & Associates, Ben Hohenstatt of The News Tribune, Code Enforcement Office Josh Theisinger and Ashley Kostos.
MINUTES Chairman Waldorf made a motion to approve the minutes of the September 12, 2016 Public Services Committee Meeting. Alderman Sapienza seconded the motion; motion carried.
PUBLIC COMMENT None
WATER & SEWER None
T.E.S.T. Chris Perra provided an update regarding the softener control system, which was approved at a prior meeting; he said the project is moving nicely.
Chris Perra informed a new water meter is needed for Well No. 9; the cost is about $3,000.
Chris Perra also provided an update about the ground water storage tank painting: the interior floor and walls have been painted and they are getting ready to tent the outside in preparation of painting the exterior. He added they plan to move quickly due to temperature concerns.
STREETS & ALLEY None
ELECTRIC Alderman Lukosus made a motion to authorize purchase of street light heads from UUSCO in the amount of $6,324.00 for the Venture Drive project. Chairman Waldorf seconded the motion. All in favor; motion carried.
AIRPORT City Engineer Eric Carls provided an update about the crack and sealing project; there will be a pre-construction meeting on October 5th at 9a.m. Engineer Carls also informed the TIPS meeting scheduled for October 12th. He reported Chamlin & Associates is coordinating with D Construction about replacing a panel from the apron expansion project.
CEMETERY City Engineer Carls informed the City has an executed agreement with the architect. Carls will be meeting with the architect soon to discuss the project schedule and will provide updates on a start date.
PARKS & RECREATION Alderman Sapienza inquired with Eric Carls if anyone had contacted him regarding the McKinley Park shelter, to which Carls responded no. Sapienza continued the shelter is in bad shape and needs to be addressed in the budget to be taken care of.
CODE ENFORCEMENT/ BUILDING & ZONING Alderman Sapienza informed of his intent to meet with PSM Jeff King regarding abandoned properties and will provide an update at the next meeting.
ASM Doug Bernabei provided updates on properties Code Enforcement Officer Josh Theisinger has issued letters to. Some of the property owners are refusing letters and the Theisinger is going to meet with the City Attorney to discuss legal options. Any legal action will be brought to the City Council for approval first.
City Engineer Eric Carls provided updates on the following current projects:
• Area 3 Phase 1 – project continues to move forward and is still on track for late fall completion.
• Venture Drive – almost complete with the exception of items on a punch list and erecting light poles and signs when they arrive.
• Public Works Building – building is complete and the final meeting and walk-through will take place tomorrow. The separate project for site improvements has begun.
• Plank Rd – the project will be a two season project with Commerce Drive to start this fall and North Plank Rd. to start next spring.
• Water St. – this project is projected to start late October and should take about 6-8 weeks to complete.
• Dollar General – demolition will begin within the next two weeks; DG will provide an update to the City as well as residents immediately surrounding the location. Peoria St. will be closed for a day or two during demolition.
• Wal-Mart Gas – a hearing is scheduled for October 12th; they will be moving forward with the project.
BUILDINGS & GROUNDS Chairman Waldorf make a motion to approve signage from P&D Signs for the Public Works Building in the amount of $2,634.00. Alderman Sapienza seconded the motion. All in favor; motion carried/
OLD BUSINESS None
NEW BUSINESS None
PUBLIC COMMENT None
CLOSED SESSION None
ADJOURNMENT Motion to adjourn by Alderman Waldorf, seconded by Alderman Sapienza. Meeting adjourned at 10:24 a.m.