Reddick Public Library District Board of Trustees approves updated donation policy
Reddick Public Library District Board of Trustees met Monday, Nov. 14.
The Reddick Public Library District board oversees all matters at the library.
Here are the minutes as provided by Roddick Public Library:
REDDICK PUBLIC LIBRARY DISTRICT BOARD OF TRUSTEES REGULAR MEETING MINUTES MONDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 2016
I. CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order by Board President, Neil Reinhardt, at 6:00p m.
PRESENT: Jean Batson-Turner, Phyllis Palmer, Neil Reinhardt, Bill Strong Jr., Mary Rooney, Jameson Campaigne, Melissa Hulse (arrived at 6:05pm). ABSENT: None. STAFF PRESENT: Kathy Clair, Director. Molly DeBernardi, Associate Director. VISITORS: There were no visitors. II. CHANGES TO AGENDA: There were no changes to the agenda. III. SECRETARY’S REPORT: The Secretary’s Report for the Reddick Public Library District Board of Trustees
Regular Meeting of Monday, October 10, 2016 was reviewed. Motion by Jameson Campaigne, 2nd by Jean Batson-Turner to accept the Secretary’s Report for the Reddick Public Library District Board of Trustees Regular Meeting of Monday, October 10, 2016 as written. All ayes. No nays. Motion carried.
V. APPEARANCES: There were no appearances.
V. CORRESPONDENCE: The Library received a hearing notice for annexation of unserved territory in Serena
Community Unity District #2 to Robert Rowe Public Library District from attorneys Kavanagh, Scully et al.
VI. FINANCIAL REPORT: The October 2016 Disbursements and October 31, 2016 Financial Reports were reviewed. Discussion was held regarding the loan payment of principal and interest that is due in December. The consensus of the Board was to pay an additional $120,000 towards the principal. Motion by Phyllis Palmer, 2nd by Bill Strong Jr. to approve the October 2016 Disbursements, and to accept the October 31, 2016 Financial Reports and place the reports on file for audit. Roll call vote as follows: Jameson Campaigne, aye. Phyllis Palmer, aye. Bill Strong Jr., aye. Jean Batson-Turner, aye. Mary Rooney, aye. Melissa Hulse, aye. Neil Reinhardt, aye. All ayes. No nays. Motion carried.
VII. LIBRARY DIRECTOR’S REPORT:
1. A written report was distributed to all board members, which included the following attachments –November 2016 events calendar, October 2016 Library Director transition activity calendar, and an updated transition timeline for the Associate Director’s duties. 2. Kathy will be on vacation November 18-26, 2016. 3. Kathy requested that board members RSVP for the holiday luncheon by December 9, 2016. 4. The FY16 Statement of Receipts and Disbursements was signed by Board Treasurer, Jameson Campaigne, and notarized by Board Secretary, Bill Strong Jr. The FY16 Statement of Receipts and Disbursements will be available for review on the library’s website. VIII. COMMITTEE REPORTS:
1. Finance Committee: No committee report. 2. Personnel Committee: No committee report. 3. Building and Grounds Committee: No committee report. 4. Library Services and Policies Committee: No committee report.
IX. UNFINISHED BUSINESS: There was no unfinished business.
X. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Approve updates to Donation Policy: All board members received a draft of the updated Donation Policy for review. Brief discussion followed. Motion by Jameson Campaigne, 2nd by Mary Rooney to approve updates to the Donation Policy as presented. All ayes. No nays. Motion carried.
2. Approve submission of FY17 Per Capita Grant application to Illinois State Library: A copy of Reddick
Library’s FY17 Illinois State Library Per Capita Grant application was sent electronically to all board members. The funds received will be used for collection development and library technology. Motion by Bill Strong Jr., 2nd by Jean Batson-Turner to approve submission of the FY17 Per Capita Grant application to the Illinois State Library.
3. Review minutes of closed meetings: As required by the Illinois Open Meetings Act, the Board must determine whether to make public the minutes from closed meetings held during the previous 6 months and also whether to destroy verbatim recordings older than 18 months. There were two sets of minutes from closed sessions on September 12, 2016 (discussion of pending litigation) and October 10, 2016 (discussion of specific personnel) and one verbatim recording from closed session on March 9, 2015 (personnel – annual Library Director evaluation) to consider. Motion by Mary Rooney, 2nd by Melissa Hulse, to keep closed the minutes from September 12, 2016 and October 10, 2016 and to destroy the verbatim recording from March 9, 2015. All ayes. No nays. Motion carried.
4. Status of rooftop unit leaking: Kathy reported that York Industries and Johnson Controls will be on-site to inspect the rooftop unit over the children’s workroom at 9:30am on Tuesday, November 15, 2016. Discussion followed.
XI. Motion by Bill Strong Jr., 2nd by Phyllis Palmer to adjourn the meeting at 6:38pm. All ayes. No nays.
Motion carried. XII. The next regular meeting of the Reddick Public Library District Board of Trustees will be Monday,
December 12, 2016 at 6:00 pm in the Reddick Library Community Room.
Bill Strong Jr., Board of Trustees Secretary
Molly DeBernardi, Recording Secretary