Bureau County Board met May 9.
Bureau County Board met May 9.
Here is the agenda provided by the Board:
Call to Order - Mr. Dale Anderson
Roll Call - Mrs. Hieronymus
Invocation -Marsha Lilley
Pledge 0f Allegiance
Approving 0f Minutes
Approval of Board Minutes from April 12, 2017, Regular Meeting
Reading of Communications - Mrs. Hieronymus
Quarterly Report of the Regional Superintendent of Schools from Jan. 1-March 31.
Place on file Quarterly Report of Regional School Supt.
Appoint Mark Pierson as Princeton Rural Fire District Trustee to a 3 year term
Appoint Larry Mueller as Neponset Fire Trustee to a 3 year term
Appoint Ross Taylor as Seatonville Fire Trustee to a 3 year term
Appoint Richard Brummel as Sheffield Fire Trustee to fill a vacancy
Ivan Baker to speak on Economic Development
Standing CommittEE REPORTS
A. EMA and Zoning - Ms. Lilley
1. No Zoning Applications for the month
Zoning Officer's Report
Zoning Committee Report
B. Health Dept - Mrs. Volker
C. Animal Control - Mr. Robinson
D. Fees and Salaries/Labor Relations - Mrs. Entwhistle
1. Approve U of I Extension office request for Univ of Illinois Extension's fiscal year - approve of keeping the funding at $20,000 for the year.
2. Approve of hiring Linda VanVooren at $10/hr for part-time work in Zoning office
3. Taxes Received from State Report to be placed on file
Approve of the transfer of Public Safety Sales Tax to General Fund
4. Place on file - Circuit Clerk Report, Sheriff Report, County Clerk Report
Fees and Salaries Comm Report
E. Transportation (Highways, Roads & Bridges, Weeds) - Mr. Rabe
1. Resolution to Accept Low Bid for CH14-Sec258
Approve resolution to accept low bid for Hot Mix Asphalt from Advanced
Asphalt for CH 14 Ottville Rd - Section 15-00258-00SP
2. Resolution to Accept Low Bid for CH 14-Sec 259
Approve resolution to accept low bid for Hot Mix Asphalt from Advanced Asphalt for CH 14 - Ottville Rd - Section 15-00259-00-SP
3. Resolution to Accept Low Bid for Township Hot Mix Asphalt
Approve resolution to accept low bid from Advanced Asphalt for Township
HMA overlay projects
4. Resolution to Accept Bid for Township Hot Mix Asphalt
Approve resolution to accept low bid from McDonald Trucking and Paving for Township HMA overlay projects
5. Resolution to Release Escrow Funds to Natural Gas Pipeline Co.
Approve resolution to release escrow funds to Natural Gas Pipeline Company
6. Transportation Committee Meeting moved to Tuesday, May 30th County Highway Comm Report
F. Insurance - Mr. Kohr
1. May meeting has been moved to Tuesday, May 30th
Insurance Comm Report
G. Law, Memorials & Rules/Assessments - Mrs. Marini
1. Place on file Coroner's Report, Public Defender Report, Assessor's Report
Law Committee Report
H. Building and Grounds, Printing and Stationery - Mrs. Warren
1. Countertops are needed for the Zoning Department
Zoning looking to get 2-3 bids on the countertops.
2. Rotary/Jaycees groups looking to adopt a park - Soldiers/Sailors Park
They will set up work days to help beautify the park.
3. Looking at building options for the County Jail
Printing/Stationery Comm Report
Building/Grounds Comm Report
Special Committee Reports
Liquor License, Dance Halls, Motels - Dale Anderson
Annual liquor commission meeting on Tuesday, May 23, at 1:00pm in Board Room
Housing Authority - Mr. Baracani
Tourism - Mrs. Stetson
Economic Development - Mr. Cain
Probation, Crime - Mrs. Marini, Mr. Donarski
Cooperative Extension - Mrs. Entwhistle
Emergency Telephone System Board (E911) - Mr. Rabe
911 March Stats
Computer Committee - Mrs. Entwhistle, Mr. Whited
Payment Of Claims Approve All Claims for Month of May executive session Litigation, Negotiations and Purchase of Real Estate
Approve engagement letter with WIPFLI for payroll services
Approve having WIPFLI help with the compilation of retro pay for Sheriff employee's covered under the PBLC contract.