City of Sandwich City Council met September 25
City of Sandwich City Council met September 25.
Here is the agenda as provided by the council:
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of Minutes from the Regular Meeting of September 11, 2017 and the Committee-of-theWhole
Council Meeting of September 18, 2017.
Approval of September Semi-Monthly Bills in the total amount of $ 934,909.85
(1) Proclamation for International Mental Health Month
(2) Downtown street closures for Taste of Sandwich, craft show & Scott Francis fundraiser
(3) Sandwich School District intergovernmental agreement regarding fueling station
Foster, Buick, Conklin, Lundgren & Tritt Law Group:
City Clerk: Lisa Mangers request for 40 hours carryover of unused vacation time, and a payout of
52.50 unused vacation hours.
Director of Public Works Engineer Horak:
(1) Brush Pickup: Ward 4. October is the last month for brush pickup.
(2) Zoning Board of Appeals regular meeting of Tuesday, September 26, 2017 has been
(3) ComEd’s subcontractor, Asplundh Tree Experts, will be tree trimming near overhead lines in
the City of Sandwich in generally all areas north of Church Street over the next few months.
Affected property owners will be contacted directly by ComEd.
(4) 2017 6th Street Water Main Project – Recommendation to award the Project to Performance
Construction and Engineering LLC of Plano, IL in an amount of $380,000.00.
(5) 2017 Lisbon Street – Green to Main Reconstruction Project:
a. Recommendation of approval of pay request #2 in an amount of $252,301.50 to
H. Linden & Sons Sewer and Water Inc. of Plano, IL.
Alderman Dell: Discussion placement of yield signs at intersection of 1st & Ash Streets
Alderwoman Killey: Next finance committee will meet on Monday, October 2nd immediately
following the Committee-of-the-Whole Council meeting.
Alderman McMahon: Wilshire / Wentworth Meeting on September 30th in the City Hall Annex at
Organizations in this Story
144 East Railroad Street
Sandwich, IL - 60548