Putnam County Public Library District Board of Trustees met August 14
Putnam County Public Library District Board of Trustees met August 14.
Here is the minutes as provided by the board:
1) The Putnam County Public Library Board meeting was called to order at 7:03 p.m. by Bob Steele,
2) Roll call:
Bob Steele, President Debbie Pletsch, Trustee
Debbie Ward, Vice President
Kim McCracken, Treasurer
John Crist, Trustee
Merry Bassi, Secretary
Jay Kalman, Director
3) Correspondence, communications, and public comments: None
4) Committee reports: None.
5) Consent agenda, Treasurer’s report, Bills for approval: Kim McCracken motioned to approve the
minutes with corrections made, librarian report and statistics were approved. John Crist second.
6) Treasurer’s report: John Crist motioned to approve the Treasures report. Debbie Ward second.
7) Bills for Approval: John Crist motioned to approve the May bills as recorded. Kim McCracken
second. Motion carried.
8) Unfinished business:
a. Condit building: No additional information on Condit building. No additional information
on the centennial grant.
b. Hennepin building: An estimate of $1200 was received to patch the deteriorating blocks on
the west wall. At this time, no additional bids have been received. Next week Jay will
check on landscaping. He’ll also talk with Master Gardeners & Eagle Scouts. Current
prices on a replacement copier is approximately $12,000. Jay is also investigating leasing.
c. Granville: Linda Garcia is retiring at the end of the month. Linda has made tremendous
contributions to the Granville library. In recognition of here years of service, a gift card and
commemorative gift will be presented. Jay will look into a news release related to Linda’s
retirement, her years of service and her support for the Granville library.
d. Vacant Library Director Position: Jay sent a press release to the PC Record & Lake
Thunderbird regarding the vacant position on the library board.
9) New business:
a. Policies: The minimum hours will be changed from 36 to 35 hours on the Employee
Classification and Health Care Reimbursement. Jay will investigate other area libraries
personal time policies. Vacation policy wording was clarified that one week of vacation
was granted starting with the second year of service. After three years, two weeks of
vacation will be granted.
b. Book Mobile: Jay will investigate the annual cost of operation. Debbie will investigate the
schools book mobile logistics. We’ll need to investigate other things like parking, sewage
disposal, and electric hookup.
10) Board Comments: John Crist will miss the September meeting. Bob Steele asked that we do a
program on Vietnam for Veteran’s day this year. John Crist suggested that we do a program on
.11) Paperwork signed
12) Motion to adjourn. Debbie Ward motioned to adjourn. John Crist second. Meeting adjourned
Next regular Board meeting: September 11th, 2017