Rutland Community Consolidated School District 230 Board of Education met December 21.
Rutland Community Consolidated School District 230 Board of Education met Dec. 21.
Here is the minutes provided by the Board:
1. Call to order- Board President, Amy Jimenez called the meeting to order at 5:30.
2. Roll call- Jason Hermann, Brittany Edgcomb, Rod Brady, Linda Backos, John Jones, and Amy Jimenez
3. Approval and signing of minutes- Brittany Edgcomb made a motion to approve the signing of the minutes after fixing Brittany’s name for the November board meeting. Linda Backos seconded it. The motion passed unanimously.
4. Visitors- Dan Macias, and Jodie Landers (arrived at 6:00)
5. Treasurer’s report- Rod Brady made a motion to approve the treasurer’s report. Jason Hermann seconded it. The motion passed unanimously.
6. Payment of bills- Brittany Edgcomb made a motion to approve the payment of bills as presented at the board meeting. John Jones seconded it. The motion passed unanimously.
7. Correspondence- none
8. Administrative reports
a. Budget update- The state is behind $14,000 in payments. Last year at this time they were behind more than $63,000.
b. Levy- Rutland is asking 4.9% to make sure we receive any new EAV money available to decrease the tax rate for the rest of the residents.
c. Building updates- The building looks great and Dan Macias will be working over break to continue with a variety of up-dates.
d. Second reading policies: 6.280, 6.340, 7.340, 2.20E, 2.250E, 6.60, 7.260, 2.260, 4.150, 5.10, 5.20, 5.100, 7.10, 7.20, 7.180, 5.90, 5.240, 5.290
e. First reading policies: 4.170, 6.50, 6.150, 7.250, 7.305, 4.110, 6.140, 5.200, 7.190, 5.250, 5.330, 6.250E, 7.15, 7.190, 7.270 E, 7.275, 7.300 E1, E3, 4.10, 4.15, 4.80, 6.20, 6.300, 7.150, 7.70
g. Mandated reporter training- Mike Matteson reminded the school board that they are mandated reporters for child abuse.
h. Other- Mike Matteson spoke about the new TIF south of the school.
a. Basketball- Rutland will be starting in January.
b. The Winter Program is scheduled for tonight.
c. 3-5 grade students attended Freezin for a Reezin Dec. 8.
9. New business
a. Adopt levy and sign paperwork – John Jones made a motion to adopt the levy. Linda Backos seconded it. The motion passed unanimously.
b, Approve policies on second reading- Jason Hermann made a motion to approve the policies on second reading. Rod Brady seconded it. The motion passed unanimously.
10. Executive session: Discussion of the appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employees of the public body or legal counsel for the public body. 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(1)-None
11. Adjourn- John Jones made a motion to adjourn at 6:15. Brittany Edgcomb seconded it. The motion passed unanimously.