Bureau County Board met April 12.
Bureau County Board met April 12.
Here is the agenda provided by the Board:
Call To Order - Mr. Dale Anderson
Roll Call - Mrs. Hieronymus
Invocation - Mary Jane Marini
Pledge Of Allegiance
Approving Of Minutes:
Approval of Board Minutes from March 13, 2018, Regular Meeting
Reading Of Communications - Mrs. Hieronymus
Approve and Place on File Regional School Quarterly Report
Appoint Nina Urbanowski to Bureau County Housing Authority
Commissioner Larry Thomas's term is expiring. Board requests the appointment of Nina as Commissioner for a 5 year term.
Appoint Richard Nauman as Trustee for Ladd Fire District
Mr. Nauman is being reappointed to a 3 year term.
Appoint Karen Schlenz as Trustee for Seatonville Fire District
Mrs. Schlenz is being reappointed to a 3 year term.
Appoint Robert C Catton as Trustee to Wyanet Fire District
Mr. Catton is being reappointed to a 3 year term.
Appoint Michael R Smith as Trustee to Wyanet Fire District
Mr. Smith is being reappointed to a 3 year term.
Resolution to Proclaim National Telecommunicators Week
Presentation to Denise from Bureau County Senior Citizens Center
Standing Committee Reports:
A. EMA And Zoning - Ms. Lilley
1. Approve extra clerk hire for zoning maps repair
2. Summary of Zoning Hearings to be Approved
3. Approve Conditional Use request from Bureau Valley Unit School District
Approve request to build an L-shaped single story addition.
4. Approve Lone Tree Wind farm 76 Conditional Uses
Approve 46 Wind Turbine Generators, 14 underground cabling, 2 substation facilities, 2 staging areas and 138 kV overhead transmission lines and support structures.
Stipulated Conditions for Approval of CU's for Lone Tree Wind, LLC.
B. Health Dept - Mrs. Volker
C. Animal Control - Mr. Robinson
1. Regular meeting in May has been moved to May 29th
Animal Control Report
D. Fees And Salaries/Labor Relations - Mrs. Entwhistle
1. Approve and Accept April's County Taxes Received Report
Approve the transfer of Public Safety Sales Tax money to General Fund
2. Approve and set salary for County Treasurer, Circuit Clerk and County Clerk
Approve of salary increase in the amount of $1,275 each year for each Elected Official (County Treasurer, Circuit Clerk,County Clerk) for the next four years beginning December 1, 2018.
3. Approve and set salary for the County Sheriff
Approve of the salary increase of $2,500 each year for the next four years for the County Sheriff beginning December 1, 2018.
4. Approve of revenue transfer of $725,000.
Authorize the transfer of $725,000 out of Interest on County Investments to the Jail Capital Projects fund to purchase building.
5. Approve proposed extension of Manlius TIF district
Send letter to legislators in support of Manlius TIF extension
6. Approve of expenditure of $28,444 to North Central Illinois Economic Development Group.
7. Place on file - Circuit Clerk Report, Sheriff Report, County Clerk Report
Fees and Salaries Comm Report
E. Transportation (Highways, Roads & Bridges, Weeds) - Mr. Rabe
1. Regular Meeting in May has been moved to May 29th
2. Resolutions to Approve 2018 Township Seal Coat Maintenance Materials
Resolution to Accept Low Bid for Maintenance Materials by Porter Brothers
Resolution to Accept Low Bid for Maintenance Materials by Civil Constructors
Resolution to Accept Low Bid for Maintenance Materials by Pavement Maintenance Services
3. Resolutions to approve 2018 Township HMA contracts
Approve resolution to Accept Low Bid from Advanced Asphalt for HMA Overlay Projects
Approve resolution to Accept Bid from McDonald Trucking for Township HMA Overlay Projects
4. Approve resolution to Award to Curnyn Const. for Bridge Replacement in Gold Twp
5. Approve resolution to Enter into Road Agreement with Com Ed
Com Ed wants to enter into Road Use Agreement to use 14 miles of County Highway Roads
6. Resolution to Rehab County Highway Bldg
Approve and accept bid of $114,600 from Swedberg & Assoc to rehabilitate an equipment building at the County Highway Department.
Co. Highway Report
F. Insurance - Mr. Kohr
1. Regular meeting in May has been moved to May 29th due to holiday
Insurance Comm Report
G. Law, Memorials & Rules/Assessments - Mrs. Marini
1. Place on file Coroner's Report, Public Defender Report, Assessor's Report
Law Comm Report
H. Building And Grounds, Printing And Stationery - Mrs. Warren
1. Jail housing discussion
Approve and accept one year contract with LaSalle County for housing inmates at $30/day per inmate.
2. Approve and Accept lawn care bid from Kernan Lawn Service in the amount of $6,790
3. Approve of the use of Soldiers and Sailors Park
April 30th - Pinwheels; Sept. 7,8,9th - Homestead Festival
Printing and Stat Comm Report
Blg and Grounds Comm Report
Special Committee Reports
Liquor License, Dance Halls, Motels - Dale Anderson
Housing Authority - Mr. Baracani
Tourism - Mrs. Stetson
Economic Development - Mr. Cain
Probation, Crime - Mrs. Marini, Mr. Donarski
Cooperative Extension - Mrs. Entwhistle
Emergency Telephone System Board (E911) - Mr. Rabe
March Report of Stats
Computer Committee - Mrs. Entwhistle, Mr. Whited
Payment Of Claims Approve All Claims for Month of April
Adjourn To May 8, 2018.