City of Princeton Public Arts Commission met April 4
City of Princeton Public Arts Commission met April 4.
Here is the minutes provided by the commission:
1. Chairperson Cyndi Olson convened the meeting at 5:00 p.m.
Members present: Rick Brooks, Christine Coughlin, Marcie Jaggers, Karen Kling, Chuck Major, Cyndi Olson, Dave Taylor. Absent: Dana Collins and Sallee Zearing.
2. Minutes from March 26th meeting read. Rick Brooks motioned to approve minutes as read and Marcie Jaggers seconded, approved.
3. Cyndi brought to everyone’s attention that the commission’s first year is coming to an end (April 30) with three member’s terms due to expire. Those members are Dana Collins, Christine Coughlin and Chuck Major. Chuck Major has agreed to continue for another term. Christine Coughlin will roll o the commission. Consideration of a possible new commissioner who has expertise in fund raising or grant writing. Discussion ensued.
e three current officers agreed to continue on in their respective positions. Cyndi Olson as chairperson, Rick Brooks as vice-chairperson and Karen Kling as secretary. Positions will be voted on at next meeting.
4. Unfinished Business:
• Mary Uthoff Memorial Walkway Mosaic Project. Update by Marcie. Including obtaining the city’s engineer’s advise on installation of shade cloth supports. Use of stain on pathway discussed. Discussed talking to adjacent building owners about the project. Discussed updating contract with Susan Burton with August 19th and the finish date. Discussion ensued.
• Public relations discussion about commission using consistent verbiage to describe the Mary Uthoff Memorial Walkway and who she was. Chris will write up talking points and forward to everyone.
• Fund raising and Marketing discussion. Rick will organize a committee to work on fund raising ideas. Rick, Cyndi and Karen will meet to discuss marketing and fund raising ideas. Note: donations will be written to Princeton Mainstreet Revitalization Fund.
• Storefront window decoration update from Chuck. Collecting paint and looking for brighter colors. Began painting. Pete Nelson told Chuck there are 4 or 5 storefronts available for this project.
• Homestead Festival. Princeton’s Art Commission involvement discussed. Commission will participate in Festival. Participation will be determined.
• Cyndi discussed development of website for the group. Rick moved we donate $200 to website development. Chris seconded. Approved. Cyndi donated $200 for setup of Square Space website. e website domain names are princetonpublicarts.com and princetonpublicarts.net. Discussion followed.
Motion to adjourn by Karen, Chuck seconded. Meeting adjourned at 6:40 p.m.
Next meeting: Tuesday, April 23 at 5:00 p.m.