City of Lasalle Illinois Valley Regional Dispatch (IVRD) Fire & EMS Committee met August 22.
Here is the minutes as provided by the committee:
CALL TO ORDER
The meeting was held Thursday, August 22, 2019 at the Oglesby Fire & Ambulance Department, 500 S Columbia Ave, Oglesby, IL 61348. Fire Committee Chairman Ron Popurella called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m.
Voting & Quorum Members Present:
Oglesby Fire Chief Ron Popurella, LaSalle Fire Chief Andy Bacidore, Mendota Fire Chief Dennis Rutishauser, Peru Fire Chief Jeff King, Spring Valley Fire Chief Todd Bogatitus, Oglesby Ambulance Director Cathie Edens, Peru Ambulance Director Brent Hansen Not Present: Utica Fire Chief Ben Brown, Earlville Fire Chief Larry Todd, Earlville EMS Director Jessica Ramey
PSAP Manager JoEllen Fisher
Committee Chairman presented the minutes of the IVRD Fire & EMS Committee meeting of 5/15/2019. Andy Bacidore made a motion that the minutes be received and placed on file. Dennis Rutishauser seconded the motion. All in favor; motion carried.
PUBLIC FORUM (Citizen Comment)
1) Operations discussion, WLPO 500 foot tower will not work north of Ladd. Back to square one.
PSAP Manager Report:
1) MABAS training fell through
2) MABAS page put in – test page 8/23/19
3) Peru Fire – VALCOM calling for resets
4) Mendota Fire – Intercepts page or call station instead
5) Life Flight – Dispatch can give IC’s phone number
6) Dispatchers welcome at Chief’s meetings
7) #1 goal is new location (more room) / new computer system (CAD)
8) Confirmed 10 full-time dispatchers (with 2 on duty)
9) Not all cities have an in-house dispatcher, M-F, 8-4
Spring Valley Info:
1) I am responding weather storm group
2) Spring Valley Fire Station now staffed M-F, 6-4
3) Questioned MABAS channel not monitored. IVRD does not have this ability.
4) Discussion on new radio guy
6:30 p.m., Thursday, October 17, 2019 at the Oglesby Fire Station
Jeff King made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Andy Bacidore seconded the motion. All in favor; motion carried. The meeting adjourned at 7:15 p.m.